Location and Excursions
Not many places are able to offer such a wide range of nature, art, culture, sport and wellness like the spa-health resort Garmisch-Partenkirchen. And that summer's like winter!
If for the sportive or culturaly interessted – everybody finds what he is looking for. Garmisch-Partenkirchen is one of the most renown ski resort in Germany No wonder, that many sporting events, like the New Year's ski jump and the world cup races take place here.
The historical city center of Garmisch-Partenkirchen lets time stand still. The surounding landscape, with its unique and overwhelming panorama and the many lakes – a good opportunity to escape our hectic world and find inner tranquility.
On the other hand, Garmisch-Partenkirchen has many superlatives of the modern to offer:
- The Zugspitze – with 2.964 m Germany's highest mountain
- The AlpspiX viewing platform at the Osterfelderkopf
- One of the most modern ski jump of the world (HS 142 m)
- Venue of the alpine world championships 1978 and 2011 as well as the Ski Jumping World Cup 2020/2021
- Popular convention location
Every year, the "Cultural Summer" offers theatre produtions, music and other small events as well as exibitions under a different theme.
Aside of that, there are also peasant theatre "Bauerntheater Partenkirchen", the "Kleine Theater" and the "Kulturbeutel - Bühne U1" with their very different prgramms.
From a musical point of view, there are live concerts on a dayly basis in the spa gardens or in the concert hall beside the Richard-Strauss-Festival, which takes place every summer.
After so many different impressions, one also has to get one's fair share of feasting and shopping. Garmisch-Partenkirchen has many culunary hightlights: rangeing from the bavarian Snacking, the "zünftigen Brotzeit", to other bavarian specialities, but also italian and asian delicacies, right up to the international fine cuisine.
Since a lot of conferences and conventions take place in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, there is the possibility of combining the useful with the beautyful – combining work with wellnes.
The regional Highlights:
- Alpine glacier ski resort Zugspitze
- Classic ski area including Alp-
spitze, Kreuzeck and Hausberg
- AlpspiX viewing platform at the
- The Partnach Gorge
- The Richard-Strauss-Festival
- The castle ruins of Werdenfels
- The castle Linderhof and
king's house Schachen
- Kochel am See at lake Kochel
- Murnau at the lake Staffelsee
- Oberammergau a. Ettal
- Open-air museum Glentleiten
- Swarovski Crystal Worlds